cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird behaviour with .NET constructor node and GZipStream compression

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Stinus,

A Corrective Action Request with the number 493662 has been filed.

Is there anything else I could do to assist you?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 21 of 35
(2,339 Views)

Hi Thierry

Thanks for the feedback!

I have attached a link to this thread in the 2014 Septembers Monthly Bug list here.

Thanks you very much for your help in propagating this..

Best Regards

Stinus

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(2,333 Views)

Hello Stinus,

No problem...

If I can help with other issues, then just let me know.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(2,324 Views)

@ThiCop wrote:

A Corrective Action Request with the number 493662 has been filed.

Hi Thierry, any update on CAR #493662? I'm running into this issue also. Does there exist a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(2,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stinus Olsen

Hello Jack,

Sorry for the late reply.

Holidays/vacation came in the way.. 🙂

Currently I cannot provide you with more (useful) updates about the status of the CAR.

There were 3 "work-arounds" that I could think of originally for this specific constructor.

Some of them are better than others:
- Using the dotNET 2.0 version from LabVIEW 2012 SP1 does work, because there is no overloading in this version of the .NET Assembly. (work-around 1)
- Creating your own custom/new Assembly (without these types of overloads) in Visual Studio and calling that one from inside LabVIEW 2013 or 2014 (work-around 2)
- Do not use Assemblies with these types of overloads (not really a work-around), but use alternative ones.

If you want to brainstrom about other work-arounds, then don't hesistate to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Message 25 of 35
(2,260 Views)

Hi,

For those who might find it helpful I've created a .net assembly in C# that allows you to compress and decompress strings in LabVIEW 2014 using Gzip library. (workaround #2 in Thierry's post above)

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
Download All
Message 26 of 35
(2,198 Views)

Thanks for the update and the efforts on this!

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(2,173 Views)
@Sev_K wrote:

Hi,

For those who might find it helpful I've created a .net assembly in C# that allows you to compress and decompress strings in LabVIEW 2014 using Gzip library. (workaround #2 in Thierry's post above)

The compressed string seems to be longer and more character limited than needed.  Is this doing base64 encoding or something?  Do you have a version without such encoding?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(1,931 Views)

Dear all, Yes it is a old thread... but I cannot find a suitable solution... All my data are in the database and not recoverable since I cannot uncompress them. Anyone has a solution yet?

I am using LabVIEW 2017

Thanks

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(1,811 Views)

I ended up writing a small .NET assembly that supports GZip compression/decompression with and without base64 encoding..

So, from reading your post it still seems this is an issue in LV2017?

BR

Stinus

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(1,807 Views)