cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam video acquisition and loops

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning,

I'm new in Labview and I tried to find and answer to my question browsing the forum but I couldn't. I ran the attached piece of code using IMAQdx drivers (3.4 version I guess but I'm not sure) and it works perfectly but I need to put all my code inside of the while loop, otherwise It doesn't work. What I'm trying to do is a color track program using particle filters so I need to run my webcam continuously and print particles on the output. So here's my question, can I somehow put the rest of my code outside the while loop or do I need to put eveything inside in order to print particles on the video image?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,670 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pakopon

Hello,

you should use a producer consumer design pattern for this. send the aquired images to the consumer loop to process them.

Regards,

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,656 Views)

Hello Rodéric and thanks for your response. Do you mean like this?

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/en

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,651 Views)

indeed

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,639 Views)

Hello again,

I made a producer-consumer that enqueues images from webcam (producer) and dequeues images in the other loop (consumer). But I cannot see the video Stream in the other loop, just I/O elements and Labview shows me an error when I dequeued. How could I rebuild the original video from the enqueued elements in the producer.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,615 Views)