From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam image intensity acquisition

Hi,

I am trying to use a webcam to acquire a real time video (image) and simultantously plot out the grey scale intensity from this image. The real time video part is easy and there is no problem. I started working one extracting intensity by looking at the Labview built in example called "Light Meter", which I also attached. When I compiled these two VI together, the VI did not report any error, but the grey scale intensity always stay at 0.

I have attached my VI and anyone who have experience please help me. I saw several related posts on this forum but looks like it is unsolved. Seems many people is working on similar project. I guess it would be very helpful for a lot of people if this VI can finally work.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,754 Views)

Anyone has a thought?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,717 Views)

Would you mind sharing a sample image that you are trying to do this with?

A Johnson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,686 Views)

Sure!  For example,in the image below, I am trying to measure the grey value intensity of the rectanglar region. The whole idea is to use a webcam to measure the real time grey value intensity from the camera. But as you can see, it gives zero intensity, which does not make any sense 

Inline image 4

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,665 Views)

I cannot view the image attached, would you mind trying again?

A Johnson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,649 Views)