LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebServer Monitoring IP server

Hi everyone.

I am running a LabView program on a laboratory computer and need to generate a link and send it to students so they can monitor from their laptops a set of thermocouples presented on graphs. I am able to generate a link but I am still not able to access it from any other computer. I am able to preview it in the browser and connect but using the link on another computer tells me the IP server could not be found. I have tried changing a bit in the HTTP port settings which is set as default (to 80 I believe) but still not working out.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong in my case? Thank you very much. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,908 Views)

dabourj,

Just to be clear, is this the tutorial that you are following?

Another quick question, are you making sure the other computer has the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine? "If you want clients who do not have LabVIEW installed to be able to view and control a front panel remotely using a Web browser, they must install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine." This can be found here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,883 Views)

Hi! Thank you for the reply. I am installing the LABview Run time engine to see if it solves the issue. The link generated by the university system gives a link on a server which was associated with the laboratory and this server is no longer in use. So whenever i try to open it in Chrome or IE, it says the IP address can not be found. Do you have any idea about this matter? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,850 Views)