LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web UI Builder with Arduino

Hello fellow LabVIEW users,

I am currently working on a project that requires me to control a stepper motor via LabVIEW's Web UI Builder. The idea is to allow a user from any computer to control the motor's parameters. My current idea is to use an Arduino Uno to communicate between LabVIEW and the stepper motor. Before I move forward, I would like to make sure that the Arduino will communicate with the Web UI Builder successfully as it would with a single user on the same computer that the Arduino is connected to. Does anybody have experience with this or know if this will work?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,355 Views)

Hello,

You could indeed use an Arduino to control a stepper motor, and then pull data from LabVIEW Web UI Builder in order to control it.  You would not be controlling the Arduino directly.  Rather, you would have a VI running on your computer which polls a web service, and then uses the returned value from the control in the Web UI to control the motor.  You will also need the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino firmware already installed on the Arduino in order to make this work.  Does this information help you?

Regards,

Shane C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,235 Views)