LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services Deployment Failed in Installer

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install a LabVIEW web service as a part of an installer in LabVIEW 2015 SP1. The web service runs on the development machine and the installer used to work on the test PC. The test PC does not have LabVIEW but the required packages are included in the installer. I receive the following error at the end of the installation process, and the web service is not deployed:

Error -67404 occurred at Installer.lvclass:install.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0xFFFEF8B4) LabVIEW Web Services: Web service deployment failed.

Capture.PNG

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Soheyl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,019 Views)

Hi Soheyl,

Is your LabVIEW Web Server enabled? I found this KnowledgeBase article online that might help you:

Troubleshooting Web Services Deployment Failed Error

Cheers,

Saki K.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,966 Views)

Yes, it is enabled. And it does not fail on development PC, but on another PC during install from an installer package.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,963 Views)

Hello Soheyl,

Have you followed these steps to include your web service in an installer? 

Including a Web Service in a Stand-Alone Application or Installer (Real-Time, Windows)

This article is very helpful in making sure that all protocols are followed properly. 

Saki K.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,953 Views)

Yes. And there is another web service running on that machine too. The installation finishes, and then a dialog box pops up, saying that the web service is being copied to C:\ProgramData\mywebservice.lvws. Then it abruptly quits with the above error message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,948 Views)

I also checked and the correct .lvws file is copied to the C:\ProgramData.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,947 Views)

Hi Soheyl,

I would like to get a bit more clarification on this issue. What do you mean by "The web service runs on the development machine and the installer used to work on the test PC". Are you trying to install it on the same test PC or another (third) PC? 

Cheers,

Saki K.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,930 Views)

Hi,

It used to work on the test machine, but after some changes (editing some HTML files and adding some files), the newly built installer could not deploy the web service.

Update: I started from the older version and added/edited new files one by one, and created an installer after each step, and tested it, and it could deploy the webservice successfully. Finally, after almost one full day, I figured out that the problem was caused when I added a PDF to the web service files!! I regenrated that PDF and the problem seems to be fixed now. I have not marked this as solved because I absolutely cannot identify what was wrong with the old PDF, and therefore, I am not sure this will not resurface again in the future. I have checked everything about that old PDF and nothing stands out. Unfortunately, the error message generated by NI installer is also very generic. However, if this happens to anyone else, you might want to check your resource files (images? PDFs?).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,927 Views)