From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service deploy error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I've created a Web Service from a VI. This VI has two inputs values: a String and and Int8 and one single output: an array of DBL values (array of 1x3). Both inputs and outputs are well connected through the Connector Pane.

So, in the Project>> Build Spedifications I've created WS, builded with the Advanced>> Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout option checked, in the WebService(RESTful) settings dialog. The problem appear when I try to deploy this WS. The next error is shown:

Error LabVIEW:  (Hex 0xFFFEF84D) LabVIEW Web Services: An error occurred when extracting the deployed Web service. Rebuild the Web service by selecting the "Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout" option in the Advanced tab of the web Service properties dialog.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you!

Francisco José Gómez López
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,192 Views)

This seems the known issues of the LabVIEW 8.6.x, please have a look on the listed known issues.

It summarized there.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7324

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,185 Views)

Thanks for this issues' list. But I couldn't find any issue similar to the one I'm working. 

I'll keep on investigating.

Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,178 Views)

Have a look on this thread, http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-Hex-0xFFFEF84D-web-services-with-control-system/m-p/1491946#M5...

Please click on 'Use LabVIEW 8.x file Layout' under advance tab while building web service, snap attached

AdvanceTab.png.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,176 Views)

This is exactly what I've done! I build my web services with this option checked. I don't know the reason why the error still persist.

I attach a zip file containing the Web Services VI and other VI needed. If you coult try to build the WS and deploy it...

Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,174 Views)

I dont have Mathscript RT license, that's why broken VI on my Laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,172 Views)

I was successful building AND deploying your web service without the LV 8.x layout.  I tried it with LV 2011 on windows 7.

Can you give more details on your system? What LV are you using? What is your OS.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,167 Views)

Hello Jared,

I'm using LabVIEW 2011 under Windows XP SP3

Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,157 Views)

Where are you deploying the web service to? An RT target, or the same windows machine?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,143 Views)

Oh, also, when you posted your VIs, you didn't post your LV project file. I wonder if there is something incorect in your project file. Could you add that to this post along with your VIs.

It would be also helpful to see your log file from your deploy attempt. Could you reploy with your log file as well? It can be found here on WinXP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Trace Logs\ApplicationWebServer_trace.log 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,138 Views)