LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Server "Invalid server ip adress"

hello all

Iam trying to connect to the web server on my pc (the same machine where the vi i want to control will run)
web_serverconfiguration:
->root directory: D:\program files\national ins..\labview 8.5\www
->tcp port 80
->1 min timeout
-> use log file enabled
web_server Vsisible VIs:
->file_reader_main.vi
->no control time limit imposed
web_server browser access:
->my pc's ip adress 192.xxx.x.x
then using the web publishing tool i created a html file which i saved on the root directory
when i try to conect to remote panel i retyped my machine's ip adress under server adress and the vi's name, then i enabled request control
when i pressed connect it outputed "You cannot connect to the local LabVIEW application"
i then opened the html file i previously created and it conplained "invalid server IP address appears inside the border of where the VI should appear on the HTML page"
what step am I missing or am I wrongdoing?

any help greatly apreaciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,830 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,819 Views)

@muks wrote:

See here

I have done exactly what the explonation sugests, the only difference is that i saved labview on the D:/ drive instead of the C:/

still get the "You cannot connect to the local LabVIEW application" when connecting to the remote panel, and if I try to open the HTML i created using the web publishing tool which I saved on the rooth directory(in my case) D:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\www it opens the HTML but where the front panel of the VI I want to control it says "invalid IP adress" (mind that I have * on the webserver browser access. I even try to override the previos HTML by creating a new one, this time i enable the "request control when connection is stablished" after saving it to the root directory and trying to connecting to it, again where the front panel is suppose to go, it says "Downloading Panel 0.000% of 0 bytes"

Do not what else to do at this point... I do not know if the fact that Iam using the same pc in which the VI i want to control will run as well as the method of controling is the reason why i havent been able to succeed in this, or if it is that that the labview I have does not have the needed drivers.

any help greatly apreaciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,801 Views)

check your license if you don´t have installed LabVIEW remote panel or LabVIEW professional, only one computer is able to see your via web.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,793 Views)

Hi mahu,

same problem of mine. but I have Labview professional 8.5.1. i dont see any remote panel in the add-on toolkit. but i used the WPT before in my 1st vi and performed successfuly. this 2nd vi have problem that is quite the same as his. can we use the WPT to more than one vi?

regards,

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,714 Views)

Link is no longer valid. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,606 Views)