LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Server Configuration and Issues

I have been battling with this for a couple days.  I have a VI on my programming laptop (Not on the network)  I also have an actual server where I am trying to do remote panel website.  So I created an installation that placed the NI Web server on the actual server when it unpackaged my program with the html page.  On the server I do NOT have LabVIEW installed, only the run-time engine for 2011 SP1 and the web server.  I have verified the web server is running and always booting at start.  I can not access the configuration page at localhost:8000 or localhost:3580 or localhost:3582.  When I am on the server and try to run the HTML page, the VI in the middle gets the error message "Invalid Server IP Address", however when I am on a third computer and type in the server and HTML address (Setup through IIS) I get the error message, "Server does Not support remote panels."  I have gone through all tutorials and they always go back to basically having LabVIEW installed on the machine for the settings, however this is not an option for me.

Thank You,

Robert 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,377 Views)

I am assuming now that the web server computer must have the development edition of LabVIEW in order to run a remote panel, is this true?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,362 Views)

Hi RobSlad,

Have you seen this document?  https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LrSSAU&l=en-US

It is possible to run remote front panels on a deployment machine without the full development system, but you need to manually modify some files to set up the configuration.  This article should walk you through the steps.

Thanks,

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,337 Views)