From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We succesfully built/operated a Labview 6.1 application but have problem when trying to connect E

urotherm 818 controller equipped with OEM serial i/o card. When vi's EI_Bisync READ or EI_Bisync Write were run we got error: "Port 2 config error # 37" Changing port setting to 1 did not help. Also several group # were tried. We have full LV version.We downloaded the appropriate vi's -from Eurotherm's website http://www.eurotherm.com/notes/lab2ei.htm. (similar is at NI's website) Eurotherm 818 was connected with a 3-wire RS cable at com2. MAX says, "device is working properly."
COM1 is operating properly with Bronkhorst Flow-Bus valve bus.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,407 Views)
urotherm 818 controller equipped with OEM serial i/o card. When vi's EI_Bisync READ or EI_Bisync Write were run we got error: "Port 2 config error # 37" Changing port setting to 1 did not help. Also several group # were tried. We have full LV version.I've had device errors when the LabVIEW .ini file didn't have the ports configured in it. While NI-DAQ may see the port, the .ini file must also contain the port. In your LabVIEW.ini file, you should have the following line:

serialDevices="COM1;COM2;COM3;COM4;COM5;COM6;COM7;COM8;COM9;\\.\COM10;LPT1;LPT2;LPT3;LPT4"

Hopefully that will help.

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,407 Views)