LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waypoint timing in Labview for UAV

Hello,

I am controlling a UAV using LabVIEW. It flies to the GPS coordinates however I would like it to fly within a certain time. I have an input of latitude, longitude, height and time.

The problem is I don't know how to modify the programme to do this. I have been reading about the timer express VI and the feedback node but I am hopelessly stuck. I want it to take 60 seconds to reach every waypoint. I want to change the heading and altitude but within 60 seconds...

Any help is much appreciated. I am very new to LabVIEW!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,455 Views)

Hu buzz,

so you know current position and the aim, thus distance. You knwo the time to arrive at the aim, so can calculate speed. Set the speed of your UAV…

Any help is much appreciated. I am very new to LabVIEW!

Please learn LabVIEW (using all the free online courses offered by NI) before you control an UAV flying over the heads of other people… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,450 Views)

Haha yes, I know that I can calculate speeds. However, I assumed that perhaps one of these timing blocks could alter the speeds dependent on the time of waypoint execution...wishful thinking.

Don't worry I am using a simlator at the moment and when I do test it will be nowhere near others 😛 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,433 Views)