LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform into Chart

I would like to display the generated waveform on a chart. Below is what a portion of what my code looks like. How should I wire the waveform chart to actively display the generated signal. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,612 Views)

You can wire an array of waveforms directly to the waveform chart or graph. If your entire signal is contained within 1 waveform, you probably want the waveform graph. The chart is a rolling display with a history.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,605 Views)

When I directly connect the waveform chart to the signal the following occurs when I run the program. Only one cycle appears and I would like the time axis in relative time not absolute. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,598 Views)

You can configure the axis however you like, just right click >> properties. Can you attach your code and maybe a picture of what you want your chart to look like?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,579 Views)

Attached is my code. The DAQ is connected to an actuator. The signal generated is sent to the actutator and it moves in a sinusoidal fashion. I would like the waveform chart to display the changes voltage from the actuator over the changes in time. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,577 Views)

I'm using LabVIEW 2016, I'd be happy to take a look if you can save it for an older version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,573 Views)

I believe this will work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,570 Views)

It only shows one cycle because when you generate the signal you have "reset signal" set to True. Set it to False and it will know based on the timing information that your new data goes after your previous data.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,559 Views)

Even when I have the reset button set to false, only one cycle appears.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,556 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

It only shows one cycle because when you generate the signal you have "reset signal" set to True. Set it to False and it will know based on the timing information that your new data goes after your previous data.

That is actually needed since it is in a FOR loop.  Notice the OP has a shift register to hold the phase for each waveform.  That is acting as the "reset = FALSE".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,536 Views)