cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform graph - Number of major ticks on x scale

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all!

I'm trying to display meteorological measurements throughout a day in a minute resolution. For that purpose I'm using a Waveform Chart with fixed length on x-axis (0-1440). However, major ticks are distributed by 100, i.e. 0, 100, 200, 300, ..., 1400, 1440. How can I distribute these points by 60, so that I can put hour labels 00:00, 01:00, 02:00 etc.

Thanks!

Regards,

Marko.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(7,376 Views)

You should be able to click on the label for 100 (this first to the right of the 0) and just change it to 60.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(7,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mgulin

You can use a Property Node to set the Increment property of the graph.

WaveformIncrement.png

To create the property node on the Block Diagram: right-click on the graph, select Create >> Property Node >> X Scale >> Range >> Increment. Place the Property Node on the block diagram. Right-click on the Property Node, select Change to Write. Then you can wire a numeric constant of '60' into the Property Node.

Note: the the graph must be wide enough to support the number of tick marks. Otherwise the property node will change nothing.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
Message 3 of 17
(7,328 Views)

Thanks guys, this works!

Marko.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(7,291 Views)

I am not able to understand this because i have also used the increment for this but i am not getting the same result

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,950 Views)

@pranjalgarg wrote:

I am not able to understand this because i have also used the increment for this but i am not getting the same result

In what way is the result different? Please attach your VI so we can see what is going on.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(6,921 Views)

Did you notice: "Note: the the graph must be wide enough to support the number of tick marks. Otherwise the property node will change nothing."

If the size of your graph is too small to display the increment, then it uses the default increment. This is also explained here: KnowledgeBase: Unable to Change XY Graph Axis Increment to a Fractional Value.

If this is the issue, then manually resizing the graph should fix it.

If this is not the issue you are seeing, then I agree that you should attach your VI.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,906 Views)

i want to change the x axis as it should appear like 2:20 2:40 in this manner for the 24 hours how can i do it

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(6,873 Views)

This can be done in Graph Properties under display format

Graph Properties.JPG

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(6,845 Views)

BUt i want that major tick should have 20 minutes gap  my data should display like 8:00 8:20 8:40 9:00 for 24 hours how can i do that and moreover the graph or chart should be moving

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(6,811 Views)