I was wondering if either of these two things were possible:
a) Create a waveform chart that has both stacked and overlaid displays at the same time (with the ability to control what goes where)
b) Create or alter the mixed signal graph that already exists to work as a mixed signal chart.
I know I could always just use multiple waveform charts to get the desired effect, but I have a situation where I might need a very large amount of graphs at one time, and I felt that having X number of separate waveform charts with the need to programmatically adjust which signals go where would be very annoying.
Ideally I'd like to just somehow turn the already existing mixed signal graph into a chart, as I'm using this for a sort of live feed and the charts just display the data in a much better way for that purpose
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would use the mixed signal graph.
The chart stores the history, so if you need that function, use the history vi found somewhere in the examples (IIRR anotherone is found in the single point folder)
Is there a way to format the display of the graph so that it's similar or identical to a chart? I do not want to see the entire history of the signals, only a certain time window of the signals, as if it were an oscilloscope or strip chart display. I tried to dynamically change the graphs time range to only the last X samples of the signal taken, but this resulted in the graph flickering around in a very unsavory way
it is all buried in the property nodes ..
I didn't really find anything in the property nodes for the Mixed Signal Graph that suggested that it could be easily used as a strip chart, but I did find a decent way of jerry-rigging it to act that way.
Before I had mentioned using subsets to only feed a certain range of data to the chart, and that it resulted in some bad looking flickering as the graph tried its best to auto-scale. However, I realized I was actually just keeping the whole data range and simply auto-setting the graph scale max and min to be a certain range of the data. Properly implementing the array subset method instead caused a much better appearance, and I'd say is acceptable in this case, albeit a bit of a headache to implement.