LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart not responding to value changes

Hello, I got a problem with my waveform chart. The graph in the chart isn't responding to the changes of the values in the data mainstream. When I try to adjust the values in the main array, the graph lines should respond to the values changed. Unfortunately nothing happens in the chart even though the values have been changed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,454 Views)

more subVIs

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(2,452 Views)

The VI and question does not make any sense. The loop that you have the chart in just keeps plotting the same data over and over again until you click the stop button. What do you expect it to do when you do not pass it new data? If you stop the VI and change the values in your main data stream cluster array, then the chart will update to those new values. I don't think this VI is a t all useful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,438 Views)
What should i fix my vi in order to make the chart update along with the changed values in in the main array? It is used to be working that way but now its not. Thank you so much for helping
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(2,434 Views)

Both of your loops should be eliminated. It simply does not make any sense to have them there. You would want to select channels to plot/save, etc, BEFORE you start your acquisition. I have no idea what sort of actual acquisition you are doing but none of the code you have posted in your almost countless questions has dealt with this at all. You seem to be mostly focused on appearances.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(2,431 Views)

Hello,

I don´t understand your Problem.

But I have some hint for you, do you know the example finder?

Help --> example Finder

there are some good examples.

Another Point is that your Programmcode is unstructured.

For example try that your code isn´t bigger than one screen size.

Greez

Sebastian

--> I work for KUDOS <--
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,428 Views)
Well the problem is ; as you see the front panel in my main vi, when you adjust the values in the data stream, the graph lines on the chart should respond with the changes of value you have adjusted.( but it doesn't)

You can try to change the values in the data mainstream. Nothing happens with the graph lines. That is my problem. Do you have any idea to fix my vi to make it work the way I wan ( based on the vi I already attached) ?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,420 Views)

You Main Data Stream is read only once at the very beginning of your VI.

You can change it all you want, but because it never gets read again, the data inside the while loop isn't going to change.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,417 Views)

@Bombbooo wrote:
Well the problem is ; as you see the front panel in my main vi, when you adjust the values in the data stream, the graph lines on the chart should respond with the changes of value you have adjusted.( but it doesn't)

You can try to change the values in the data mainstream. Nothing happens with the graph lines. That is my problem. Do you have any idea to fix my vi to make it work the way I wan ( based on the vi I already attached) ?

Thank you

I told you to eliminate both of those while loops because they did not make any sense. They stop acquisition and plotting new values.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,414 Views)
How can i change my vi so that the data mainstream is read all the time ?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,413 Views)