cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart not changing with time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I attached the VI I am working on. I have made no progress with the VI after watching some tutorials and reading. I have probed the input to the waveform chart and it is simply not chaning with time (x-axis). What do I need to do? Y data is working great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,032 Views)

Where is the waveform chart?  You have a meter and a numeric indicator.  No chart.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,029 Views)

ummmm... pretty sure it is there in the block diagram. I think my problem is timing the while loop. I just have no idea how the whole labview timing thing works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,016 Views)

@bronco9588 wrote:

ummmm... pretty sure it is there in the block diagram. I think my problem is timing the while loop. I just have no idea how the whole labview timing thing works.

A Waveform chart is an indicator that displays a historical set of values.  It resides on the Front Panel.  It will have an associated terminal on the block diagram.  Ummmm.... Pretty sure there is no Waveform chart in the attached vi.  Did you attach the one you meant to attach?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,011 Views)

okay... so I attached the wrong VI. Sighs...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,008 Views)

Silly DDT!  (Man those blue wires cause problems!)

Message 6 of 11
(2,999 Views)

1) Can you backwards convert to labview 10.0.1 or earlier?

2) Is there a color coding schematic for wires? It would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,997 Views)

My guess is that your data is out of range and simply does not show up since you have Y-axis Autoscaling turned off.  If the Mean is 1, the value fed to the chart is -211000.

Put an indicator (chart?) on the DAQ Assistant output.  Run the VI and acquire some typical data. Make the data in the indicator Default.  Save. Post that VI.  Then we can see you data and what is happening to it.

Also, 31 significant digits in Formula 2 is about 15 more than the VI will use.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,996 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bronco9588

sorry bout that.  here it is in 2010

The dynamic data wires are the blue onses-  they can take almost any data - (Some of us older users despise them as much as express vis) hooking up a DDT directly to a Waveform Chart was your issue the WC expected the default DDT Datatype.  Converting to Scalar out of the mesurement express vi forced everyone downstream to accept that the data was just a simple DBL.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,988 Views)

Thanks Dude. I am convinced express VIs exist to get people like me by and to keep guys like you busy. Go Flacko!

Message 10 of 11
(2,985 Views)