LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart digital display blinks zero....

Hello,

I am curious as to why the digital displays for a waveform chart sometimes blink zero?  It never shows up on the chart or in the data that is saved, so it does not really hurt anything.  However when someone asks why it happens I always just make up a good storySmiley Wink, so I am wondering what the real story is.  I have had it happen on many different machines and different versions of LabView so I imagine it happens to others as well.

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,495 Views)
I've never noticed this...got a sample VI you can post?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,488 Views)
This was reported to R&D (# 48O22J00) for further investigation.  The current work around is to not use the digital display and use just a numeric indicator.  I apologize for this issue.
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
Message 3 of 16
(5,474 Views)
Thanks for the info.  At least I am not as crazy as I thought I was.  Is there anyway to check the R&D number?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,455 Views)
Future LabVIEW release notes will refer to that CAR ID Number for bugs that have been fixed.  Therefore, if R&D finds that it is a bug and fixes it, you will know by looking at the release notes.  Also, I believe R&D posts (or is going to start) to the discussion forums when the bug is fixed and released.
Daniel Eaton
National Instruments
Systems Engineering
Embedded and Industrial Control
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,434 Views)

@Daniel E wrote:
This was reported to R&D (# 48O22J00) for further investigation.  The current work around is to not use the digital display and use just a numeric indicator.  I apologize for this issue.

The above CAR was closed as a duplicate of 36JB7QD8, so use this CAR nunber for future tracking purposes.

Roy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,396 Views)
I am using Labview 8.5.1 and I still find that the waveform chart digital display blinks zero.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,755 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2013. The Stacked Waveform Chart, Digital Displays still blink "0.00".

Is there still no fix for this?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,306 Views)

LabVIEW 2013 hasn't been released yet.

Do you mean LabVIEW 2012 service pack 1?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,295 Views)

OK, LabVIEW 2012 SP1. But the DVDs are clearly labled 2013.Robot Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,283 Views)