LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Image from LV to EXCEL

Hello Everyone

I have a program that everytime it runs, in the end, a waveform graph is displayed in the front panel. 

I want that for each time it runs it is able to put that waveform graph into excel. I do not want the data. Just the grap itself. 

Is there a way that every time the loop runs that the graph is put in some type of link so that the user can click on that link on Excel

and it will pop up on another window. 

Am I dreaming or can this be true?

xxxMidna19

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,726 Views)

Hope this is what you are looking for. Check and let me know

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 2 of 8
(2,680 Views)

I am sorry but I cannot see your solution. I have Labview 10.0 while you seem to have LV 2011.

Is there another way I can see your solution? Maybe just a JPEG file?

xxxMidna19

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,662 Views)

Hi Midna,

Now you can open this VI from Ranjeet with LabVIEW 2010. Hope this helps.

Regards

Message 4 of 8
(2,657 Views)

I see that the solution Ranjeet sent you will do what you asked -- it will put an imageof the (entire) Front Panel, including the graph, into an Excel Workbook.  However, you will probably not have access to the data, just an Excel file with a picture of your LabVIEW Front Panel.

I'm guessing that this is not what you want -- if all you wanted was a picture of the graph, why save it in Excel?  If you want an Excel graph showing the same data as LabVIEW is showing, then you have to do something different.

Someone else recently asked about putting LabVIEW Graphs into Excel.  There are functions in the Report Generation Toolkit that should accomplish this, but I haven't yet managed to make them work.  However, it is fairly easy to put the data onto an Excel WorkSheet, and then (in Excel) create a plot using any of the Excel graphing functions.

Message 5 of 8
(2,632 Views)

Thank you Bob_Schor for answering! 

I need to save the image of the plot each time I run the program. 

The EXCEL file will most likely be sent to other people and I do not want such a big file each time it is sent so I 

wanted to just reference that image to a URL so all I have is the link on the EXCEL file and not the whole image saved on the 

same computer each time. 

Do I sort of make sense? I just think this is easier but I am not so sure. 

xxxMidna19

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,605 Views)

Thank you Ranjeet_Singh for answering! 

I just needed the plot image and the URL but your VI gave me a good start on figuring it out. 

xxxMidna19

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,603 Views)

Thank you fromm8!

I was able to see the VI. 

xxxMidna19

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,602 Views)