From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph passed as output of subvi does not refresh in the main vi

I have a subvi that collects data in batches and displays the batch in a waveform graph. Then I make this waveform graph as output and call it in the main subvi to display the graph. The problem is that in the subvi the graph refreshed at each batch and plots the batch (which is how I want it to behave) while in the main vi it does not display anything.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,684 Views)
You should probably attach a simplified version if your VI. Data is only returned to the calling VI via an output connector once the subVI completes. Does it?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,678 Views)

But I call the subvi inside a while loop in the main vi which should have given me the output of each subvi each time the loop is executed. Instead I get nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,662 Views)

Post images of the sub-VI being called AND the sub-VI as well.

We should be able to help you once we see those screen shots.

But lacking those images, my money is on Christian's theory.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,656 Views)

I am attaching sceenshots of the mani and sub VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,629 Views)

Your indicator is outside the while loop, so you wont get anything until the while loop finishes!

Also your subVI is inside a case structure, the output of which is set to 'default if unwired' (which means empty array) so anytime your case structure is true, your values will be wiped. If this is intented, please excuse me.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 6 of 6
(2,626 Views)