LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph Plot Legend: reordering plots does not preserve checkboxes.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32-bit on Windows 10, and I'm wanting to re-order the plots in a waveform graph based on whether they are visible or not. The customer wants to be able to take a screenshot, and have all the visible plots displayed in the plot legend. The problem is, if I reorder the plots in the plot legend, the checkboxes don't follow suit. The NI_ChannelName and the plot style and plot color and so on work correctly, but the Plot Visibility Checkbox remains at the same location from the top. I've attached a minimum working example to show what I mean. After you run it, you'll see the order of the plots and the checkboxes. After you click OK on the popup, the NI_ChannelNames will reverse on the first two plots, so you'd expect the checkboxes to reverse as well, but they don't. This is obviously a LabVIEW bug. Are there any known work-arounds in LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32-bit? 

[EDIT] Looks like I can programmatically set the Visible property, so I should be able to make it work from that angle.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,276 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ackbach

@Ackbach wrote:

[EDIT] Looks like I can programmatically set the Visible property, so I should be able to make it work from that angle.

Yes, you are only re-ordering the data. If you want to also re-reorder the properties (color, visibility, etc.), you need to do that with property nodes.

Message 2 of 2
(2,249 Views)