From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph Plot Legend: reordering plots does not preserve checkboxes.

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32-bit on Windows 10, and I'm wanting to re-order the plots in a waveform graph based on whether they are visible or not. The customer wants to be able to take a screenshot, and have all the visible plots displayed in the plot legend. The problem is, if I reorder the plots in the plot legend, the checkboxes don't follow suit. The NI_ChannelName and the plot style and plot color and so on work correctly, but the Plot Visibility Checkbox remains at the same location from the top. I've attached a minimum working example to show what I mean. After you run it, you'll see the order of the plots and the checkboxes. After you click OK on the popup, the NI_ChannelNames will reverse on the first two plots, so you'd expect the checkboxes to reverse as well, but they don't. This is obviously a LabVIEW bug. Are there any known work-arounds in LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32-bit? 

[EDIT] Looks like I can programmatically set the Visible property, so I should be able to make it work from that angle.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,269 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ackbach

@Ackbach wrote:

[EDIT] Looks like I can programmatically set the Visible property, so I should be able to make it work from that angle.

Yes, you are only re-ordering the data. If you want to also re-reorder the properties (color, visibility, etc.), you need to do that with property nodes.

Message 2 of 2
(2,242 Views)