From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph/DAQ Assistant continuous sample rate problem

I have a file that reads analog voltage from 4 force sensors and a waveform graph that's supposed to display each force and then the total of all 4 in real time.  However, as you can see from the attached picture, when I have it running, only the total force vs. time appears on the screen (red line on waveform graph), while each individual force is just a barely perceptible dot in the lower left corner of the waveform graph.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I'd like to see 5 colorful lines streaming across my screen when the program runs.  I thought it had something to do with the DAQ Assist settings of Samples to Read and Rate, but I've tried a lot of combos and none seem to help the problem.  

I've attached the .vi, hopefully that helps! Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,944 Views)

Those other signals are there, they are just compressed very small on the left side of the graph.

The problem is that your force signal takes a detour from a dynamic signal, to an array, back to a dynamic datatype.  It is losing its time information.  So it defaults back to a dt of 1.

Your other signals stay as a blue wire dynamic datatype maintaining there dt.  The dT is much smaller at 0.4 msec  (1/2500 Hz) that you barely see in on the graph once the graph autoscales the X axis to accomodate the Force signal with its dt value of 1.

Message 2 of 4
(2,935 Views)

Ahhhh that makes sense.  Thanks.  But that wasn't intentional - when I tried to add the 4 signals when they were all dynamic data type, I got an error.  I only added the dbl versions of the signals because it worked.  But I assume there should be a way to add the dynamic signals so I don't have the conversion back/forth problem you mentioned?  Any tips?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,933 Views)

Don't use the compound arithmetic primitive.  Use a few of the regular addition primitives and you will be able to add them.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,930 Views)