From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart within a cluster- how to multiplot?

My application uses a Waveform Chart to plot point-by-point data and I need 5 plots of data on it. For a chart by itself I simply bundle the 5 data together and wire it to the chart.

But when the chart is within a cluster (part of a custom typedef control) I cannot figure out how to get the 5 data into the chart for the multiplot. I first create a constant of the control, wire that to the center terminal of a bundle by name and wire the output of the bundle to the control. I then select the Waveform chart as the element I want to write the data to. Just can't figure out what I need to do to bundle the 5 data together to wire into the chart.

Any hints appreciated!

AK2DM

LV8.0.1 on XP, see attachments
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,427 Views)
Once I replaced your waveform chart with one that had it's type set, it worked as expected.  Alternatively, you could use a 2D array for the multiplot.
Download All
Message 2 of 3
(3,417 Views)

Thanks Jonnie 5, it seems to suit my needs. I wanted to stay away from arrays since my data I am operating on is better served by point by point.

AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,401 Views)