LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart from one constant and one varying analog signal?

I am trying to create a waveform chart from one constant analog pulse signal (which used to drive a stepper motor) and one varying analog signal. I know I need to use a PWM program to interpret the varying analog signal for the intensity of my y-axis, but I am uncertain of how to approach this task, mainly because my other, constant signal is what determines my x-axis in even increments.

Can anyone suggest example programs or tips to help me get started? I am a Chemist in the end of grad school, not a programmer, and I need to update an old, Raman spectrometer to a digital interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,579 Views)

Hello ProgChemist,

Are you trying to generate PWM signal on your analog output channel? If so, there are examples written in the example finder. You can locate it by Help>Find Examples>Search for PWM. Also, what is the daq card that you are using?

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)

Thank you for answering.

Ok, so I am incredibly new to Labview and programming in general. I am a chemist by trade. The serial number on my DAQ device is BNC-2110, is this what your asking about?  

Also, am I trying to generate a PWM signal for my analog output.

My two (one constant, one not) analog signals coming from the instrument in question needs to go through an analog to digital conversion. I understand this is what the PWM program does. When you say "generate a PWM signal for my analog output", do you mean generate the characterized digital pulses as a function of my incoming raw signal? If so, where and how would my actual waveform chart come in? 

Thankfully,

Out of his place Chemist.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,541 Views)

Hello ProgChemist,

I would recommend you to look at the following tutorials on how to program in LabVIEW.

http://www.ni.com/academic/labview_training/

As to generating PWM signals, there is an example on our community site that demonstrate PWM simulation example which could be helpful to your application

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4599

Let me know if those documents are helpful~

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,538 Views)

I just helped someone else with this today. Take a look at this example .......examples\general\graphs\charts.llb\Charts.vi

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,535 Views)