LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart XScale.ScaleFit and YScale.ScaleFit property bug

I want to set Autoscale X and Autoscale Y of An Waveform Chart using property Node.

When I call in row XScale.ScaleFit = 2 and YScale.ScaleFit = 2 in one property node it does not work,

however When I do the same issue using two separate property nodes it works (in spite of that both codes seem to be equivalent).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,955 Views)

Hi,
I don't have the problem : I set to false your bool constant, make a zoom on a box, and run the VI : all works..
Did you download the 2012 Labview F3 patch ?

Best Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,952 Views)

Hello,

I have installed f3 patch. But the case False is still not working.

Thanks,

M-V

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,944 Views)

Hi Mavlc!

Thank you for making this problem known to us. I've also checked your VI, but failed to reproduce the problem so far, even when generating different types of data, so I'm going to need some further information, if possible:

What kind of error code/description do you get?

Do you have this problem with other Property Nodes?

Does the problem persist if you set Autoscaling before/in between/after the display updates?

Do you use any additional packages, addons or 3rd party software?

What operating system do you use?

Also, I would recommend to delete Labview.ini in the main labview folder, so that your settings get reset to defaults. Of course don't do that if you have a lot of custom settings, I do not want you to waste your time setting up everything once again.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko

National Instruments

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,928 Views)

Hello.

There is no Error. I have only two cases in my VI, which should perform the same thing (set autoscale of a Chart), but they are not.

Yes, I do. I replaced the second property YScale.ScaleFit with another property of chart and still not working. It seems like the property nodes work only with one property. When I would like to set more properties in one property node it seems like only some of those are really set.

Yes, making ticks of Autoscale X and Autoscale Y before running VI has no influence on it.

I use only standard packages (G#, GOOP, ...).

Best Regards,

Martin Vlcek,
Skoda Electric, a.s.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,925 Views)

Dear Martin!

Thank you for your reply. I've checked with with some colleagues, and the nature of the bug as well as the fact that we could not reproduce it on another machine suggests there is some corruption in your particular LabVIEW installation, so the low level function that is called by the Property Node in particular is not behaving properly. My suggestions would be to do one of the following:

1. We can find out which function or VI exactly is corrupt. This might take a while to do.

2. Reinstalling LabVIEW will most likely resolve the problem.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,919 Views)