LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watlow F4 Profile Programmer

Thank you again for the advice. I really do appreciate your help on this. I do recognize that my code is super messy. I've really just been trying to get this working and then was going to clean it up. That's probably a bad practice though as it'll make it harder to troubleshoot in development or make it hard for anyone else to help out. I will improve on that. Thank you! Here is what I have so far as far as reading the data in and queueing it up. I think that this is going to work how I want but I'm not totally positive. Let me know what your thoughts are on this and if you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate them. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(526 Views)

Do you have all these Vis just floating around, or are they in a project?  I'd highly recommend putting them inside a project for all kinds of reasons.  The most important reason is that it gives your VIs a namespace, so crosslinking your files accidentally becomes a thing of the past.  Well, mostly, anyways.  If you enable the option to show the file paths, you can even see if you are accidentally pulling a file into your project from another path, which might mean from another project.  (You can then decide whether you want to make that a dependency or copy the file locally.)

I see you are still using "Enqueue Element at Opposite End".  It's a faceplant waiting to happen.  That's the last time I will mention this.  If you need this to make your code work, something is wrong.  It is potentially very disruptive and should be used "in case of emergency", like an incoming abort request that needs to happen right now.  Seem harsh?  Yes, this is an intervention.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(506 Views)

I do have the files in a project. I've just been sending them over individually to avoid sending too many files. 

I apologize for still not having removed the enqueue element at opposite end haha. It has been something I have been meaning to change and I know that you've warned me about it several times now haha. I will get that changed very next thing.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(500 Views)