LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water level measurement

Hi,

I want to measure water level using Arduino UNO and ultrasonic sensor ((DYP-ME007TX-3pin), Picture attached). I saw several examples but they used LINX. I want to use Arduino option but I failed to make any VI. Any suggestion or help is appreciable.

TIA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,505 Views)

Arduino is one of the targets of the LINX package. Was there something wrong with the examples?

What do you need help with?

I would suggest that you start by establishing communication with the Arduino, and then with the sensor via the arduino, and then try making a measurement.

Once you have a measurement, you can expand your code to process the results into a water level measurement, probably using some trial and error.

GCentral
Message 2 of 7
(3,475 Views)

Thank you, Mr. Cbutcher

I have attached the example, my LINX option's picture and a sample VI here. Would you check and make the correction, please?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,462 Views)

That VI appears to be the Ultrasonic Read. It's under LINX > Sensors > Distance > Ultrasonic > Read.vi

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,446 Views)

Hello, Mr. cbutcher,

My ultrasonic sensor is 3 pined. and "MakerHub > LINX > Sensors > Distance > Ultrasonic > Read" is for 4 pined sensor. I also tried the attached VI but failed to get any readings/result..... 😞 😞 😞 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,413 Views)

Hi,

So assuming that you set up your sensor (with 3 wires) like in the schematic shown on the front panel of the example you uploaded (which, by the way, just calls the VI I mentioned but with the two inputs having the same value 😉 ), can you use the Highlight Execution or a collection of Probes in the lower-level subVIs to determine where the problem is?

GCentral
Message 6 of 7
(3,390 Views)

Hello Mr. cbutcher,

I am trying to find out the solution for 2/3 weeks. I bought 3 types of sensors but can't get any result.  Now  I am really exhausted. this is my last try. I have attached two VI and one pdf here. I have followed the instruction of pdf file but an error occurred. Would you try to find out the problem, please? 

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,372 Views)