From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog not entering safe state

I am using a cDAQ-9188XT with a built in watchdog timer. I have attached the code I am having issues with. When I run the code, I disable the reset function (with a boolean control) to cause the watch dog to time out. I when the timer expires, the system does not enter the safe state. The code shows an error, screen shot attached. It is a very basic code with a two parallel loops, one for the watchdog timer, the other a data acquisition loop. The interesting part is when I open the VI directly from my desk top and run the code, everything works normal as expected. When ran through the project, it is malfunctioning. has anyone ever experienced a similar issue? I do have a ticket in Reference#7724477. Thank you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,368 Views)

It's definitely weird that the VI works when you run it directly from the desktop, but not when it's in the project. I wonder--if you recreate the code in a new project, does the same behavior persist? That would at least narrow down if it's something in the project or maybe even corruption in the file itself.  

Do you have a known working state you can build off of? 

Let us know!

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,298 Views)

Hello Claire,

I did try to create a new project as you suggested. The previously attached watchdog project executed correctly, but my "real" code does not enter the safe state. It is worth noting the watchdog project is a simplified non proprietary version of my code. Working with Jake we tried multiple approaches. The last resort we can think of now is to rebuild the code, starting with the attached project, very time consuming. I have implemented a hardware work around for now, but the issue is still not resolved. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,279 Views)

Ah, I see, that does sound time consuming, though if it has the potential to fix it... Regardless, I'm glad to hear you have a workaround for now! Do you mind sharing it? 

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,263 Views)