cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to launch different Vi by clicking next from one Vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

i am trying to make a user interface in which there are several VI's. I want to do following things.

1. My first page when user clicks exe should be login ID and Password page.

2. After login a new screen should open to enter all the information. This screen or Vi should contain NEXT button.

3. When NEXT button is clicked another VI should open closing the running VI completly.

4. I should have logout in each screen, when clicked it should come back to main login page.

I am attaching my Vi's .. Please help me to link all vi's ..

I need some VI to check Login ID and password.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(3,086 Views)
I cant able to extract your file.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(3,077 Views)

hi kaush,

i am attaching zip file here.

i have done vis in hurry so u can check if it is helpful to u.if needed tel me if u want any modification

bye the way id is ABC and password is 123

you will have to do changes in it

best of luck

Gaurav k

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(3,068 Views)

Hi Kaush,

I cant have a look at your VIs as i dont have LV 8.6 installed on my system right now.

But, i think you dont need to use multiple VIs to accomplish what you want. You can easily do it using Tab Control.

You can have 3 tabs in your Tab Control.

First one would be your "Login Screen" , Next will be The Information page and so on ... 

So the default would be you Login Screen(1st Tab). When the User clicks on the Login Button, the View shifts from 1st Tab to 2nd Tab. 

and you can move all your data in a while loop inside a Shift Register.

All the Best with you work ! 

Message 4 of 29
(3,067 Views)

Thanks for Reply..

@ritesh -  I am trying as u said. 'll let u know if there is any issue.. Please help.

@gak - Thanks for example.. I will look into that to create login page

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(3,055 Views)

Hi Ritesh & Kkaush,

Using pop-up SubVIs/Dialog VIs will be a more elegant solution than using the Tab control. In fact that is the general UI design pattern being used widely across large ATE kind of applications.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(3,049 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Using pop-up SubVIs/Dialog VIs will be a more elegant solution than using the Tab control.

I would like to know the reason for the above statement.

I feel Tab Control is easier to implemen and revolves all the data around one loop. so you dont need to think of passing data from 1 VI to another.

I am no expert in selecting an architecture for an application, but that just my View at looking at problem.

Ritesh

Message 7 of 29
(3,036 Views)

Ritesh,

Normally, when a user types the login credentials, his expectation would be that this User Dialog would disappear & some other screen would pop-up for him (to create/edit/insert/delete/configure some details or some other things also).

Thats why I suggested using pop-up SubVIs would be a more elegant solution.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 8 of 29
(3,034 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Normally, when a user types the login credentials, his expectation would be that this User Dialog would disappear & some other screen would pop-up for him (to create/edit/insert/delete/configure some details or some other things also).

Thats True!

But that is like Application dependent. If you want to present the user with a dialog box, you can achieve it with using multiple VIs(as you can decide the Height and Width of VIs).

If you wan to show the Full screen to the User, Tab Control can do you work with a lot of ease.

PS: I might be sounding a bit biased towards Tab Control. But,,, Yeahh .. i am a big FAN of Tab Controls where application involes multiple Front Panels. :smileyhappy:

Ritesh

Message Edited by ritesh024 on 05-13-2009 05:39 PM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(3,031 Views)
@ritesh- How to disable other tabs when i am in first tab. ??
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(3,018 Views)