LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to ftp to NI 9802 through cRIO 9014

Can the cRIO 9014 access the 9802's SD memory cards directly as disks?

If I use the cRIO 9014 as an ftp server, can I download/upload files directly to the 9802's SD memory cards from the an external computer, via ftp?

It initially looks to me like only the FPGA, not the 9014, sees the 9802 directly, which means the answer to my questions is NO, unless there's a device driver for VxWorks.

Does anyone know more?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,029 Views)

Hi RonW,

Currently the 9802 only supports reads/writes from the FPGA and not from the cRIO-901x controllers.  I strongly suggest making a product suggestion at our Product Suggestion Center for this feature.

Regards,

Bassett

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,027 Views)
Hi Ron,

Have you had a chance to check out NI RIO 2.4?  It now supports Drive Letter support for read/write and FTP access to NI 9802 SD cards.

Bassett
Message 3 of 6
(3,372 Views)

Hi everyone,

I did try NI-RIO 2.4 and there is an example that comes with it showing how to access the SD card directly from RT. In the example you have to mount the SD card. Once the SD card is mounted it is accessible from the RT code with all the primitive file function and the SD cards are also accessible through FTP (nice!!!).

Example: ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/u:/

Notice that I had an error ( 65549 ) with the example because I was also using a cRIO-9234 in the chassis. I openned a support request and the support engineer told me to add a property node of the 9802 as a work around. They are saying it is resolving a ressource conflict by doing so.

A+

Message 4 of 6
(3,247 Views)
You are a King, Mike!!!Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,241 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the good information.  I was running into the same problems in my application.  I would like to make a few clarifications though.  

First: Most of the file I/O functions available to you on the function pallet boil down to primitive file functions, so it is not necessary to restrict yourself to using only primitive file functions, one can use the Write To Spreadsheet File vi for example. 

Second: As stated in the KB article here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6BA5F76568ECADA68625742D006A0356 a property OR method node can be used in the FPGA vi to resolve the shared resource conflict indicated by Error -65549.  So if you application already used one of the methods, it is not necessary to go out of you way to use a property node referencing the 9802.  However, if you application does not use one of the 9802 methods, using a property node that references the 9802 is the method that uses the least amount of FPGA resources to resolve the conflict. 

I hope this helps anyone that comes across this post and has the same problems that I was having.

I would like to thank Matt Rings, one of NI's embedded gurus and Chris Nelson my local NI sales rep for helping me out with this issue.

Message Edited by Gravy Train on 06-09-2008 10:37 AM

Message Edited by Gravy Train on 06-09-2008 10:37 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,064 Views)