From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait On Asynchronous Call node takes too much time to return

Hello the forum, 

in my application I run a VI using the Start Asynchronous Call node, then I call the Wait On Asynchronous Call node with no timeout (= -1).

I observe a delay of about 3 seconds between the moment the called VI stops running and the Wait On Asynchronous Call node returns.

Which could be the reason of this behaviour? Is there a way to lower this time?

Thanks

Have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,746 Views)

Could  you please post a simplified example of the problem you are describing?

BTW. This is a trick question... by distilling your problem down to a simple example, you will probably realize the mistake you are making... and if not, we can point you in the right direction.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Message 2 of 4
(1,713 Views)

Hello Frozen,

here you are the simplified exemple. In this case no strange behaviour is observed, the called VI returns as soon as the execution ends.

The application in which I noticed the problem it's pretty huge. Which is the component that manages the call to the VI? Is it the VI Server? If yes, can the behaviour be caused by the number of VIs the VI Server has to manage?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,677 Views)

If the called VI uses lots of VIs it could well be startup/shutdown that's delaying it. You could instead of waiting for it have it send an event with the result, then it can shut down as slowly as it pleases. 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,660 Views)