From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIndows 10 does not run my compiled .exe programs that lack a digital signature!

I guess you have all seen the pop up when starting your new fancy compiled labview .exe program: "This program lacks a digital signature, the publisher can not be verified, run YES/NO?"

Until now (windows 7 and windows 10) it has been enough to press OK the first run, and then it starts ok ever after.

But after this nights update + restart of windows 10 it ask me for my autostarted exe programs again. This is no real problem on my laptop, but will be a big problem on unattended production machines where all software must start by itself after power failures etc.

Will this be a problem? We are using windows 10/enterprise/IOT standalone and windows 7 pro for production machines.

If I need or like to solve it, are there any guides?

For now I only need to run my own compiled programs on PC's which I have some control over, so changeing of settings, installing certificates etc. should be ok. But out of curiosity I like to hear more about producing verfied code that windows (linux/macos) will accept!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,619 Views)

There seem to be ways around it (like this).

This thread seems relevant. The obvious solution is to actually sign the executables (follow the knowledge base link in the thread's solution).

Message 2 of 2
(2,605 Views)