LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume License Manager: Creating Installers

I setting up Volume License Manager to manage a number of licenses of LV Developer Suite.  I have five different varieties of licenses, all differing only by the way they are bundled (Data Management version, Real Time version, etc.)  Problem is, it seems I have to create five different installations to get all the permissions correct.  Each installation is nearly identical, with the exception of the permissions it requests.  The takes up a lot of network storage (500+MB each) and is a tedious process.

Is there a way to (1) script the network installer creation and (2) reduce the footprint of the installers (for example, by replacing some of the directories with shortcuts to a common repository)???

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,185 Views)

Hi Steve,

You can create one installer for all the toolkits, since they do not require activation.  For the larger software products, i.e., LabVIEW, Measurement Studio, CVI, TestStand, and any Modules, these will have to be in separate installers.  These products require activation and will need to be in separate installers depending on which license they are attached to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,171 Views)