From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltech PM300

I am in need of assistance regarding the Voltech PM300 power analyzer. My goal is to have real time data logging capability from the PM300 to a file. Unfortunately the Voltech VPAS lite software has a minimum sampling time of 1 minute. Is there any way to take advantage of the 0.5 sec sampling capacity of the PM300? and could my goal be attained via using one of the drivers?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,585 Views)

@polyee wrote:
Is there any way to take advantage of the 0.5 sec sampling capacity of the PM300?

Probably. You would likely need to program it yourself using the drivers. Does the PM300 store the samples in its own memory, or does this require software timing?

@polyee wrote:
and could my goal be attained via using one of the drivers?

No way to tell without actually seeing the drivers. Do you actually have them? Voltech does not provide them for download on their site. They require that you contact them. Probably a marketing ploy.

Message 2 of 7
(4,572 Views)

Hi, Did any one used Voltech PM300 with Lab VIEW?

I need to measure AC Voltage, AC current and Power Factor in CH1.

And DC Voltage , DC Current and Power in second channel.

Could any one aware of command sets. Please reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,456 Views)

Here is the driver and some info.

http://www.voltech.com/poweranalyzers/pm300/default.asp?SL=83746e9n.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,449 Views)

Hi polyee,

Are you using Voltech PM300 now?

Did you ever tried it thru Lab VIEW?

I am also looking for solution for similar issue.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,354 Views)

Hi Rudresh,

Looking at these driver VIs, it seems that if you modify these VIs to run in a loop, you will get the rate you are looking for.  What exactly is your issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,320 Views)

Hi Thanks Kyle

I did it by using it in loop. Actually the issue was with the time delay.

I understand by expeeriments that a delay of min 2Sec must be provided before send :FNC? command.

Thanks

Rudresh

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,273 Views)