From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage ramp generation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am totally new to LabView, I use Labview 8.6.

I have a PXI-6704 and on three channels I should generate a ramp between 0V and 840 mV under 1 ms and then the signal should stay constantly at 840 mV. This signal is going to start some on-chip oscillators.

I have checked other kind of similar examples as well but as this is my very first experience in LabView I couldn't really understand much of them.

Can somebody please help what I need to use to get the expected signal? Or if somebody has a vi for that...

Thanks,

Krivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,704 Views)
You've chosen the wrong DAQ board. The 6704 is a static output board. That means that is software timed. The update rate is goingto depend on your pc, os, and code. Not only will you not be able to output x number of samples in under 1 msec, you will have a high degree of jitter in the update rate.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,698 Views)

Thanks! OK, I generate that ramp in another way. Can you give me some ideas/link to threads/vi to get started with the card? I will use it then only for keeping the input signal configurations which are basically costant digital signals apart from some low frequency also digital ones.

So I am interested in how it is possible to set the constant voltages to the cards output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,679 Views)
Solution
Accepted by krivan
Help>Find Examples>Hardware Input & Output>DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,673 Views)