From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage control : for lab power supply & dip coating machine

Hi,

I'm a cell biologist and have no clue about programming/ Labview in general.

Can anybody suggest any coding examples of simple voltage control?

For example, I just need the voltage to stay constant at 2.0V/s for 10 seconds, then speed up gradually to 10.0V within 20 seconds (or within 100 millimeter distance), and maybe after that stay constant or slow down gradually too.

I tried googling things online, but very much hopeless to understand any of them.

I found a file in Labview Forum, prepared in 2010 by a user named Metzer (see attachment). I'm not sure if he/she is still active.

1) Looks very good for 1 pre-set voltage change, but I wish there's multiple pre-sets available for my application. I can't manually stop and key in new numbers, my experiment will be screwed.

2) With this simple code/programme in Labview, can I use it directly? Like open the file in labview, plug-in my computer to the lab power supply-dip coating machine...and magically it works!? Just asking, I do not wish my computer (or me) to explode in any way.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions/help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,118 Views)

" lab power supply-dip coating machine"....... This is far too vague for anyone to provide detailed help to you.  Plug and play solutions are extremely rare for an unknown combination of devices and communication settings.

Odds are, you will have to learn the LabVIEW basics (look for the CORE courses 1-3) and modify most aspects of the program you found.

• Is this 1 device or two?  What are the make/manufacturer/model#??  (details are critical)
  • With information about the hardware, we can help you determine how to communicate with them... (Does the manufacturer provide drivers? what communication connection? RS232, GPIB, TCP, USB???)

In regards to changing the voltage level at a steady pace, a simple RAMP function would be what you are looking for...  Start with the basics, draw a graph of your intended voltage profile and try to have LabVIEW make an array of values which duplicates your intended profile.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,091 Views)