LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Controlled Resistor replacement

Hi,

I also have another question. In my circuit I have used a voltage controlled resistor that can be controlled by LabView in co-simulation. I want to replace it with something like a programmable resistor (switching and changing the load) that also can be controlled by Labview. Is there such a component in Multisim ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,680 Views)

Wow, what a concept, a Voltage-controlled Resistor!  I'm not much on designing fancy (transistor) circuits, but I could imagine you could, in principle, design a circuit such that the current that a transistor draws across itself depends on the voltage presented at one of its terminals (don't some FET's sort of do that?) -- if the current through the transistor varies with voltage, one could say that the transistor is acting as a "Voltage-controlled resistor", but is this a discrete component you can purchase?  I suppose if it is a circuit, you could "build the circuit" in Multisim, but this is way out of my area of expertise ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,603 Views)

So you want to switch in reistors by using relays?  You can do that with DIO.  Just know that you will likely need a buffer cicuit to allow for more current since standard DAQ cards cannot output much current in their digital outputs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,583 Views)

Hi,

It is something really nice. Is that DIO usable during co-simulation? I am looking at a component in Multisim that can be controlled by Labview during co-simulation. I am very new in Labview so could you please sent me in detail regarding the same (DIO)? Gould you please sent me an example of DIO?

Best Regards,

Zuzi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,542 Views)