LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice recognition in labview

I am doing a project using voice controlled wheelchair.I am new to labVIEW.I have done the interfacing wifi connection with myRIO and making a dc motor to run using myRIO.I have decided to use Microsoft Speech API to convert speech to text.Is it possible to interface the speech software in LabVIEW.Please reply as soon as possible .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(5,017 Views)

I am doing a project in Voice Controlled WheelChair using LabVIEW and i have complications in giving the input.I have recorded the commands and given as an input.But the input wav file is not accepted.Please help me with this

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(4,921 Views)

Hi riah,

Is it possible to interface the speech software in LabVIEW.

Using LabVIEW on WindowsPC: probably.

Using LabVIEW-RT/FPGA on your myRIO: no.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(5,012 Views)

Thankyou Sir.So you are saying I can't use the software incase I am using MyRIO.Please tell me if it is it possible to record all the commands in a .wav file and storing in an array format and then giving a voice input from myRIO to compare with the commands I have stored  to run the dc motor.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(5,007 Views)

Hi riah,

surely you could store some waveforms in your myRIO and surely you can try to compare them with recorded sound.

But voice recognition is more than just comparing two waveforms - not to mention the noise in all waveforms you want to compare…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 31
(5,003 Views)

thankyou for the reply.... 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(4,975 Views)

I have done the comparision of two waveforms. But i am not able to compare an array of waveforms with a single waveform.Please suggest me some solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(4,953 Views)

Hi riah,

so you know how to do "one" operation - but you struggle to do "more than one, but the same" operation?

What about an autoindexing loop???

I still don't think comparing waveforms of recorded sound for being the "very same" will allow you solve your voice recognition problem…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(4,949 Views)

My project is not voice recognition..... It is only the recognition of commands...... forward,backward,left,right and stop...... Will comparing waveforms will help in this case......

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(4,938 Views)

You could dig under the hood of "LV Speak" it has a cross platform speech recognition module that may give you some pointers.

(Or possibly provide the answer)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(4,931 Views)