From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision install error , errors in .ini file

Hi,

I have been having great problems trying to install Labview 8.5 + the vision module.

After numerous installs of Labview 8.5 (about 2-3) times. I finally got a full proper install of labview on my colleges acdemic licence. For my specific project I need to integreate a firewire camera into my setup so I dowloaded NI VISION module.

Firstly in Measurments and Automation I no longer see the devices-> firewire IEEE1394  option. Labviews doesnt see my camera or give me an option to have a look around my devices ( problem in install??)

When trying to install Vision into my 8.5 labview I get the following list of errors (see attachment) stopping the install.

Any ideas on how to help and fix this problem.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,535 Views)

In order to get the firewire camera to work, you need to install the Vision Acquisition Software (you need a license for the NI-IMAQdx, the driver which you will use to work with the camera). Be sure to setup the system in the following order:

1. Remove the firewire card from the system.

2. Install LabVIEW

3. Install Vision Acquisition Software and activate the license.

4. Insert the firewire card and be sure to install it with the IMAQdx driver (Goto Device Manager).

5. Connect the firewire camera and launch MAX.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,523 Views)

Thanks for your prompt reply

I a currently removing all Labview software off my computer to start again. I will follow what you said and get back to you.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,521 Views)

Hi

Ok I started out from scratch. uinstalled all Labview and removed the firmware card including Driver forhte firewire card.

I reinstalled Labview 8.5 Academic license edition. I then downloaded VSA850 of the labview website and ran the installer. At the end it asked me for the Vision Aquisition software, it wasnt in the folder or anywhere so I hit skip and the installation finished. Attached is a snapshot of my licence page with all the installed software.

I cannot seem to install the Firewire card no, there is no option in the Measurment and automation programme.

I am very new to labview so I apologise in advance if I am doing something very stupid.

When I installed labview initally the camera installed really easily but the vision pack didnt work in the front end now its the other way around.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,513 Views)

Ok I think i solved it

I went to My Computer-> manage -> Devices

My camera had a Thorlabs driver so I switched it to the LEGACY IEEE driver and presto! Dont know how it changed it from the LEGACY driver initially but it did

That took 2 days!!!!

Thanks for the help

Go raibh maith agat

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,507 Views)