From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision acquisition on TPC-2512

hello,

I designed code to grab video from an IP camera using IMAQdx and deployed it on a TPC-2512, the app run well but the Image Out shows black screen.

When I run the code on my laptop it works fine (the laptop and TPC are both targets in the same project) and i can see the video from the camera on the TPC using the web browser and when using IMAXdx example app and it also identified on MAX so it's not a connectivity issue.

I also tried to use vision express vision aquisition instead of IMAQdx and it worked on the laptop but not on the TPC (shown black on the image out).

I used LabVIEW 2011 to design the VI on the laptop with NI IMAQdx 3.8.1, the TPC works with LabVIEW Run-time 2011 and NI IMAQdx 3.5 so it might be the problem. The camera I use is AXIS 206 and i enabled free access without password.

I attached a picture of the block diagram.

thanks, Daniel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,061 Views)

Daniel,

Unfortunately vision acquisition software is not officially supported for Windows XP Embedded.  However since all you want to do is display the image, a possible workaround would be to acquire images in the host VI then use network streams to send the images to the Touch Panel to display.  Here is a knowledge base article that describes how to send images over network streams.  I hope this helps.

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,031 Views)