LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision OCR memory leakage

Hi guys!

I have a "problem" with simple OCR vi's made with Vision Assistant in NI Vision 2011.

When I create a simple script, that only uses the OCR, and then create a .vi from it, the vi leaves the OCR session open. This results to huge leakage of RAM memory.

You cannot even get the OCR session out from the .vi automatically when creationg the vi, so that it could be disposed outside of the .vi! So only solution I could figure out was to actually modify the .vi and build it inside there. Also the .abc file for the OCR have to be built, because it's not necessary in the same drive or base path, and Vision Assistant uses the whole path e.g. "D:\Labview Projects\OCR\... ...fonts.abc".

It wouldn't be a problem unless I and especially others wouldn't be creating those OCR -vi's all the time. Now every vi have to be manually changed to dispose the session AND to take the .abc -file path in reference to the executable path.

If somebody knows any solutions for this, please don't hesitate to tell me 🙂 Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,139 Views)