LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Builder emigrated to Labview, build application, does not work

I used the Vision Builder to create a Program and emigrated it to Labview. It runs without problems in Labview, but when I build an application.exe all the overlays are missing and the program does not seem to work properly. The Emigration createt a main VI (server) and a lot of other VIs and a Configuration files folder. I put only the main VI in the project and the other VIs as well as the folder appeared under dependencies. After building the .exe, I moved the folder with the configuration files to the destination folder, where the .exe was created. But still, the application does not run properly.  Does anyone have an idea, what the problem could be? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,653 Views)

You need to provide more information as there are lots of causes of the errors you are seeing. Please post some screenshots, details of any errors you are seeing etc. Ideally zip up your project and attach it.

Are you trying to run the built application on the same PC or on another one?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,635 Views)

I run it on the same PC. I don't get any errors. The Custom VI shows the camera picture, but does not show any overlays or results. I try to upload a .zip of the emigrated Vision Builder project tomorrow!

Maybe there is a problem, because of the emigration? I read somewhere, that building an .exe with a main server VI is sometimes difficult? I just opened a new empty project, dragged the main VI in the project and build the application without doing any changes to the default setting but adding the main VI to "Startup VIs". Maybe I missed something there?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,628 Views)
Typically issues around building executables come from:
1) Relative paths being different between the development system and the executable
2) Calling VIs dynamically

You may also run into some issues around font sizes - but again - you need to post some screenshots showing what is actually going wrong and your code/project so we can see what configuration options you have chosen.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,613 Views)

I created a new Vision Builder Program with all important functions and emigrated it to Labview. I imported it to a new project and set the settings to build an application. I attached the files. You just have to put them all in one folder again. The program was too big to upload it in one piece.  Hope this will help to solve the problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,565 Views)

The project was missing some VIs that I don't have - but I did notice a couple of things:

- You've specified your application configuration file as the LabVIEW executable configuration - the LabVIEW executable configuration file (which you specify in the build spec) is not what you think it is. It's a file that specifies the settings for the LabVIEW run-time engine for the executable (e.g. VI server settings etc.) and isn't the file that contains your application configuration.

2016-03-03_11-14-29.png

- You probably need to add your 'configuration' folder as a 'destination' in the build specification and then set that to be the destination for your configuration folder in the 'source file settings' page.

- You have a whole bunch of paths specifield in the initialisation step - have you checked that these are valid in the executable?

Also - post some screenshots of what you see in the development environment versus what you see in the built executable.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,558 Views)

Deploying Vision Builder code to a target other than your development machine requires a run-time license for each PC you want to run the EXE on.  Are you sure you're not just getting a licensing error?

EDIT:  Here's the link -  http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207704  Wow!  $771.  Last time I bought one it was about $400.  

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,541 Views)