From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition with LabVIEW Community Edition

Solved!
Go to solution

Can Vision Acquisition software be used in conjunction with LabVIEW community edition? I have tried to installing with the error received as 'no license associated with your NI user account'. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,119 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FortheAbalone2

The Vision Acquisition Software as well as the Visions Development Module are both separately licensed components that are not part of the Community Edition License.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 4
(1,091 Views)

I too have the same request.   Is there any way to acquire an image and scan a barcode from a usb camera without purchasing imaqdx and vision assistant?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,009 Views)

For acquisition alone you can try OpenCV. There isn't an out of box experience for this. You'll have to get your hands a little dirty to get this working.

For real analysis operations things will sooner or later end up with licensed software. Here you really get what you paid for, meaning free solutions are generally hit and miss, with more misses than hits.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(991 Views)