LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition Express must be launched from LabVIEW

Yeah there shouldn't be a problem with the license as two of the other computers it works on are using the same license.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(649 Views)

Are you able to open the vision assistant but not with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(633 Views)

Yes I can

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(627 Views)

Hello,

I'm also having the same problem, it started about 6 months ago. I can not open the Vision Acquisition.exe or use it from a labview VI. Either way I try I still get the same message. Sometimes it works but 99% of tries end up with the same message. I've tried uninstalling all of Labview and completely starting over and that didn't work. I'm a little baffled. I've got an older computer that has not been upgraded and that's still working fine. We tried installing the software on a new computer and it's having the same problem. I'm relatively experienced with Labview, and this seems like I'm either not installing the software correctly, my company's blocking functionality, or NI has a bug. 

Attached is a picture of a VI i wrote to simplify some code. The Imaq_dx portion is working fine, but the Vision Acquisition express vi gives the error. I'm fully licensed... Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(614 Views)

Well, just after posting this I found the following article: 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Vision-Acquisition-Express-vi-stopped-working/m-p/3059699/highlight...

The solution recommended is:

"Repairing the Vision Acquisition Software. You can do this by going to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > National Instruments Software > Vision Assistant > Repair."

I did this and after you select vision assistant you'll get a new window with a drop down list. You can select Vision Acquisition from there. It took about 25 minutes to complete (about half an episode of Stargate SG1) 

If this works for you give kudos to jinfone.t's solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(609 Views)