LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Acquisition Express must be launched from LabVIEW error

Hi,

The program I am trying to run is using vision acquisition express VI. But when i try to change the properties of the block is gives me error 1. The thing is when i had VAS 2015_08 installed it worked to open the properties and so on. But the camera in use was typ USB3 so VAS 17.5 or higher was needed for the drivers, since VAS 2015_08 didn't allow the computer to detect the camera. I use LabView 2015. I have reinstalled LabView and VAS 17.5. Do you have any ideas of what i should try next? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,384 Views)

Hi Kusmin,

Looks like your VAS installation might have added a few corrupted files to your computer.

I would suggest force-re installing VAS:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK&l=en-US

The following article suggest valuable troubleshooting steps that you could try:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LOaSAM&l=en-US

Please do let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Claire 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,345 Views)

Hi Kusmin,

Do you have any updates concerning the error you were getting with the Vision Acquisition express VI?

Has the force-reinstall solved your issue?

Cheers,

Claire

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,316 Views)

the problem was solved like this, which i found on another thread but thanks for the help!

This can happen on some systems when it takes awhile to open the Express VI wizard. We have made some changes in the Express VI launch sequence to avoid this type of problem.

Here's a LV 2015 ConfigVIs.llb that has the latest updates for waiting for the wizard to finish loading. Try renaming your existing file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\express\Vision Acquisition\VisionAcquisitionConfig and use the attached one instead.

Message 4 of 5
(2,310 Views)

I'm glad to see that this issue was resolved- I will take notes of this solution for future similar enquiries.

Have a good day!

Claire

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,307 Views)