From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible button after two readings

Hi...

I am student and new to labview. I need help in exploring labview.

I need small program 

I have one button "done" and i have one numerical controller in vi. Now i want to show "done" button after taking two values in controller...means after taking two values in controller "done" button should be visible...can anyone help me this. I am glad if you give .vi for example. Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(1,467 Views)

Hi ani,

from your description I guess you need a loop, a case structure and a property node of the button...

All the rest is explained in those Training resources, offered in the header of the LabVIEW board!

(In general this forum is not providing homework solutions for free.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(1,451 Views)

Looks like your program is complete, except for the visibility function. How do you count the number of values entered? Turn that into a boolean that turns true once the count is >1 and wire it to a "visible" property of the button.

If you would attach your VI, we could give you further useful advice.

(It is typically not a good idea to micromanage what the user can do at any given point in time. What if he decides that on reading is sufficient and wants to proceed?)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(1,440 Views)

Thank you for both replays.

Basically, i am thinking to store numeric control readings in array and from that find size of array. And then give if condition to it means if array size becomes more that one visible button node becomes true otherwise it is false. True and false by creating constants to visible button node.

But again how to give that more than one condition? is big question

What ever i said above is in the word form i dont know how to program it in LabView.

It would be great if you help me in this.

Again thank you in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(1,399 Views)

Look in the comparison palette.

Have a look at the training resources at the top of the forum if you want to do this in LabVIEW. Who forces you?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(1,388 Views)

No one forcing me. But this is something which is not letting me to sleep. 

Thank you for your help.

You can add if you get something related to this

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(1,381 Views)

@Aniketgawande wrote:

But this is something which is not letting me to sleep. 

A good way to keep busy while awake would be to go through the mentioned tutorials. Have you tried?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(1,371 Views)

Not tried yet....but i will go through that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(1,363 Views)

Is there any way to find out how many readings taken by numeric controller?

Means if i am taking 34,56,89 values in my numeric controller then way to indicate 3 values taken?

Thank you in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(1,378 Views)

Ho ani,

are you talking about a FP control?

Use an event structure to count the value change events for this control...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(1,348 Views)