LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa run time installer in LV 8.2?

Hi again!

I need some help conerning adding Visa Run Time to an .exe that I'm trying to build. I recently built the .exe and found that the front panel and all sub Vi's were active, but the controls weren't communicating through the  serial port like they had been when I was working with the project. From what I have read and observed, it looks like the appropriate action to take would be to include the VISA run time components with the exe. However, I'm unable to located the correct window in which to do this! I have seen screenshots on the forums, but am not able to locate it in the ".exe" builder! I'm running LV 8.2 and I downloaded the Visa - Runtime 4.0 zip, extracted, and ran it on my system but it wouldn't continue installation, telling me that no files would be removed or installed. I tried to modify what would be copied to the drive but I couldn't make any selections that changed the out come. I'm very green to labview and would appreciate any help or advice that can be given.
Thanks
Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,383 Views)
Hi Ryan

Do the problems occur on the PC where you developed the application or do they occur on an other system?
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,379 Views)

Hi Valcon,

To include the VISA Runtime Engine in your installer for your executable, you'll want to go to your Project Explorer and Right-click Build Specifications & select New Installer from the list.  You can then add the VISA Runtime Engine under the "Additional Installers" section.  Installers are made for executables that you would like to run on computers that don't have the full version of VISA, etc. installed (thus we need the Runtime Engines).  If you run your executable on your development computer, you should already have the full version of VISA installed & you should be able to run your executable there without a problem.  Hope this helps!

Regards,
Anna M.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,359 Views)