LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa ressourcename no accepted

Hi!
i'm using labview 6 and windows 2000.
i tried to start an serial communication by the visa vi's. but if i create a constant to the visa-ressourcename the wire is broken. the error-window shows the message: class conflict.
if i use the visa-configuration vi, the resscourcename is accepted. but the other vi's didn't accept this name.

if i download some example-vi's (loopback test for example) the wire between the ressourcename an the vi-input is broken too.

is it necessary to open a visa session in the measurement & automation explorer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,280 Views)
I think what you are saying is that you cannot connect a string control or constant to a VISA VI. In LabVIEW 6i that is correct. To get around this you must use either a local reference or a sub-VI to essentially cast the string to a VISA refnum. This has been fixed in LabVIEW 6.1. With this latest version of LabVIEW, you can now directly connect a string constant to a VISA VI.

In either case (LabVIEW 6i or 6.1) MAX is not required. Just drop a VISA refnum I/O control on either your LabVIEW front panel or diagram.

You may need to right-click on the VISA control and select the appropriate class for the VI that you are trying to connect to. For most operations, the Instr class is sufficient.

Dan Mondrik
Senior Software Engineer, NI-VISA
Nati
onal Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,280 Views)
Hi!

You have to update you LabView. Install the Patch or Update for LabView
6.0.1 or 6.0.2 .

Chris

"54577533trh" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:50650000000800000075400000-1012609683000@exchange.ni.com...
> Hi!
> i'm using labview 6 and windows 2000.
> i tried to start an serial communication by the visa vi's. but if i
> create a constant to the visa-ressourcename the wire is broken. the
> error-window shows the message: class conflict.
> if i use the visa-configuration vi, the resscourcename is accepted.
> but the other vi's didn't accept this name.
>
> if i download some example-vi's (loopback test for example) the wire
> between the ressourcename an the vi-input is broken too.
>
> is it necessary to open a visa session in the measurement & au
tomation
> explorer?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,280 Views)