From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa resource name not appearing, visible in NI-Max

I am trying to communicate with 2 devices. I can send commands to both these devices using the NI-Visa test panel and they both appear in NI-Max but I cannot find them in the visa resource name list. I have removed any filters that could effect this and tried to manually type in the resource name only to get an error. Any ideas on why it might not appear?

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,242 Views)

Do a screen capture of what you do see when you click on the VISA Resource dropdown box.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,202 Views)

Here. I've already checked both the com's for the devices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,176 Views)

I managed to solve it by switching from a GPIB connection to a USB connection. Still not sure why it didn't work with GPIB though

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,169 Views)

Taking a guess, I'd suggest checking the VISA class:

visa class.png

Your first image says "resources of this class", which makes me wonder if perhaps you had the wrong class selected.

To clarify, you should set this to whatever is the appropriate class for your connection (not necessarily GPIB BoardInterface, as shown here - this is only an example).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,163 Views)