LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa close not working

My LabVIEW app communicates with an instrument on Com 4.  When I am done with this app, LabVIEW closes the session using VISA close, so that I can continue talking to that instrument using a seperate JAVA app. This works fine when LabVIEW in in interperated mode, but it doesn't close the session when the LabVIEW code has been compiled. Then I open JAVA to find that this com port isn't listed.  Might anyone know why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,135 Views)

@Barionics wrote:

[...] when LabVIEW in in interperated mode, but it doesn't close the session when the LabVIEW code has been compiled. Then I open JAVA to find that this com port isn't listed.  Might anyone know why?

What is an "interperated mode"? Never heared about something like this....

Also, do you close LV/the LV based application before trying to access via Java?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,124 Views)

Maybe I am using the wrong terminology, but I just mean running the application under LabVIEW rather than compiled into an exe.   In this instance the LabVIEW app is still running. Actually it uses the command line VI to run the JAVA application, having first closed the com port to make it available for JAVA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,110 Views)

Can you check with this if the session is closed or still running?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6A9B4BA95EFA6C22862575080064D98F

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,104 Views)

i understand that the code is working in LabVIEW.exe (calling COM, closing, calling Java using "System Exec.vi") but not as standalone EXE.

If my understanding is correct, i assume that the main issue is from a different timing during execution.

Can you share some code for review to understand what exactly you are doing?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,098 Views)